Monday, August 12, 2013

A day in the life of.....

Well, good news is, hub didn't get 120 days! Yay to miracles! He's got another month to find work, but we're getting there, slowly, lol. I traded weekends with my ex husband so the girls can do some back-to-school shopping, so I get them for the next 2 weekends in a row....this coming Friday is also my mom's birthday, so we're doing a special crock pot Chicken & Dumplings. I've never made this dish, nor 1 like it in the CP! I'm nervous, because last time she came over for dinner, it was a disaster! If you happen across my kitchen projects blog, you'll see the recipe there soon. I'm having to go back threw my grocery list, and recipes, to see what I got for the menu on the 2 weekends, before I write it because I'm also wanting to add apx cost for my area per meal. That'll be challenging, as I've never done it, but, I want to show folks it can be done on a tight-ass budget! This past weekend went by SO slow without the girls, since we have mom over Friday, I can guarantee this week will fly, & I've got a ton of house-work to do, or all she'll do is clean!! But, I wanted to update on how things are going here, so far, so good. Life isn't slowing down, either! I've had to miss a doctor's appt multi-pull times because of other plans changing, and it gets so aggravating when I think things are going to go one way, so plan, BUT, have a back-up plan, and I can't use either! Having no car puts a delima on A LOT of things....tonight, I'm staying up a little later then usual so I can try & catch another night of meteors. I happened to take our dog out Saturday night around 5:30am central, and saw 1 flying in the direction of above my neighbors house. It was awesome! Perks of being with someone, they usually let you sleep in :) lol.  Tonight is the last night, though, so we'll see!
    Until the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment