Friday, August 2, 2013

Weekend Life

So, we were given an idea by a friend of my sister's to write down house rules, with consequences if they're broken, & have the girls read them out loud, so everyone who's at the house can hear. So far, after 5 days, my 10y/o has actually memorized it! I'm amazed. We always remind her how smart she is, both girls, how smart they are, and always give them compliments. They normally don't get it very often other places....
   But, yes, if anyone needs to use this method, it works....5 days usually to break in a habit, and it works! I was out with a friend of mine, & youngest broke the rule on interrupting, and recited the first house rule! We were in a car, 20 minutes from home. I was proud :)
  This week with her was good, we're both proud of that, too. The next weekend they're here will be our last 4 day weekend before school starts, then it goes back to our 2.5 days, because I don't have a car at the moment so I can't take them to school on Friday, then pick them up again that evening.....I really didn't do it anyway, because of the gas....but with hub's current situation, it'll be an interesting next 4 months! Thankfully though, threw lots of explaining, I think the girls will understand. I just hope, that my youngest doesn't think he's gone for good......my friend & I are thinking that's why she's been acting out so much, since the last time this happened hub was away for only 15 days, but they had a weekend in the middle of that, & that's when it all started.
  We'll see...and I'll still post....hub & I have 6 more days together, 5 nights...the same day he goes away (for 4 months) is the same day I get the girls in the evening, so highly debating on having them here, or letting them stay with my good friend. I know it'll be difficult, and my oldest will probably want to be here to comfort me.Another, we'll see.....life has been full of them lately. I'm slowly starting to get good lemons in my bunch of life, instead of rotten lemons.
  I'd love to make this blog positive, and cheery, but honestly its not. Its rough, hard, challenging.....and, my mom & I have been for the past few years, joking about how hard my life really is. That, even though I try and make things simple, they turn out difficult & challenging....its cute & funny when things are going nicely, but not when they're sour. We get so tired of brick walls popping up everywhere, I've thought about opening up a brick shop, but since they're part of my life I don't think the value is very high. Plus, I know nothing about masonry work :)
  These next 5 days I'm going to try & remember to breath, eat, & function. If I don't now, I'll have a hard time the first week, the 2nd, my blood sugar will drop, & I really don't want to go threw that again....so I'm going with that its a good thing the girls will be here that first weekend. I just wish states would realize how hard it is on families...but at the same time, I wonder really, how many are out there like ours.....if your "one of us",. would you mind leaving a comment? We're both paying child support, children live with ex spouse (or dating partner), & one of you has done time, or is doing time, for past debt....I'd love to hear from people! I check my blog daily, or at least every other day, so will answer back. I do send my heart out to those in our shoes, who really give a damn, & are trying to make it, & their payments....its hard...we know....believe us!

No comments:

Post a Comment